Sunday 8 July 2012

Patriotic Fashion...

So we are post-Jubilee fever now, but with the Olympics looming pretty close it’s hard to escape the sense of British patrotism.
Anything from Union Jack leggings (which look amazing on the very tall and slim) to printed shorts (I’ve lost count the amount of times I’ve seen a different variation of a Union jack short) and vast amount of blood red, royal blue and pure white.

But up the patrotism a little…

Back in 2010-2011 I made this dress. Ahead of the current trends that are in line with the Jubillee, Olympics and sporting competitions; I made it in line with patrotic themes on the runway, which cave the way for tribal themes or stars and stripes motifs, what about a little red, white and blue for us English folk?

Also note the short front and long back to the skirt- another correct trend prediction a slightly more structured shape of the dipped hems everywhere on the high-street at the moment. (The skirt had to be a more structured style to show the Union Jack print lining).
Using no pattern at all, the dress was completely designed by me and tailored to perfectly fit my model. Possibly one of my proudest achievements; it did pose a big challenge at the time. Queue dozens of photo’s…

 


 




 



 


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment