Friday 9 December 2011

Amsterdam


Day 1 in Amsterdam... The girls.

At the end of November I went to Amsterdam. I actually won tickets for the trip just by simply putting my name on a guest list when I was going to a club one night. Being a student, I couldn't really afford it so before winning tickets I hadn't looked into it at all.


It was such an amazing experience and I would love to go again. It was definitely worth the 21 hours I spent on a coach throughout the whole weekend (14 hours to get there and seven to get back). Although being claustrophobic I now know I will never be getting the train crossing to France again!


Lots of people had told me Amsterdam is such an experience but until you go yourself I don’t think you can truly understand. It is a lovely city and the culture is so different. The red light district seemed like something out of this world- it is so different and shocking to see. Also on many occasions throughout the weekend I was nearly run over- by bikes, cars and trams! The Dutch certainly don't use the crossing like we do (a red light for them still doesn't always mean stop and you may find yourself standing at a crossing waiting for quite some time).


I have only just recovered from the lack of sleep- we only had two full days there and two nights there so I wanted to make the most of every opportunity and couldn't even sleep on the coach, because I couldn't get comfortable. But it was for sure worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment