Sunday 11 December 2011

Velvet

The Christmas season is just round the corner (oh no… still got too much Christmas shopping to do!)The shops are filled with party classics… sequins, LBDs and the 2011 fabric… VELVET!
 
I’ve been very naughty and brought a black velvet dress.
 
I’ve been hunting for a while for the perfect one because I just wanted a bit of velvet in my life. I found one on the Topshop website which was blue with a crinkle effect to the velvet. I actually had one exactly like this when I was about 7 years old just shows how fashion goes round in circles. My search wasn’t over if I brought that home I knew my mum would just tell me I’m reliving my childhood wardrobe!
 
But I made an impulsive decision to buy one at work yesterday- apart from anything I could put it on the staff card and not have to pay it until the next month. It is fitted and simple but I just love it so much. It has little rouched shoulders and is pleated along the neckline. It is just a classic dress that oozes sophistication and is a must have staple; plus with velvet I feel like I am being a little bit festive.


It will for sure be my party dress this Christmas and new year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment