Friday 17 February 2012

Olly Murs concert... 4th February

I do have a lot of love for Olly Murs. Apart from being just an ordinary Essex boy (he actually lives not too far from my Essex home) I just love his little dances and his voice. I was lucky enough to get to see him at the O2 in London, courtesy of a Christmas present from my gorgeous sister.

He was well worth getting stranded in London for due to the very fast amount of snowfall. Although I did nearly cry at the fact that I thought I had ruined my new favourite boots on their first outing. I am happy to report that they also survived the night.

One of the reasons I don’t like the wintery months as much as the summer is just purely because you can hide some brilliant clothes under a coat and must admit I’m not a coats girl- they really do get in the way. So I combined warm and fashion in my outfit with woolly, cabled tights, a simple black short high-waisted tube skirt with a new Topshop bunny applique jumper worn with my new tan suede heeled boots, a fur-trimmed hat and coat.

I wasn’t cold even when walking in snow after the London tube stations were closed but I did feel like a walking snowman; with many layers (I added a vest top under the jumper top and small black cardi for extra warmth.)

My sister showed off her long, slender legs in blue skinnies with a printed tee from New Look and cosy knitted long cardigan in a deep purple. She also wore heeled aviator boots with studded detail and fur trim in a grey colour. We did do the ‘cool sisters act’ though I hate to add this with fur-trimmed hats but on the plus side our heads and ears didn’t get cold with all the snow.

So as a fashion student I am always on the lookout for fashion and how other people create their looks. But of course at an Olly Murs concert there were obviously a lot of trilby hats, looking cute on the first few children but that soon wore off there were so many. Some were either a little too over the top in super high heels and tiny dresses- suitable for a night out or looking scruffy and very unfashionable. Like for instance the four women sat in front on me a hopeless case of knitwear that had holes for effect but I couldn’t help feeling it was more destined for the bin and the most awful top they gushed over for a number of minutes all while I looked on in disgust. To be honest I didn’t really see anyone I really thought looked truly amazing; there was a young mum with her little daughter who both looked very nice. The mum wearing a tidy black dress of which the cute little daughter tried to pull up much to the mum’s distress with low heels and thick black tights.

No comments:

Post a Comment