Tuesday 26 June 2012

Girl Power... Spice Girls style

So I will hold my hands up: I am a nineties child and loved the Spice Girls. And I will admit I think the Viva Forever! musical will be great. It follows the success of Mamma Mia; where the storyline is brought around the greatest hits- very clever!

Back in the day, the Spice Girls had so influence- just think back, who else made Union Jack so popular as a dress or platform trainers so stylish?

Tuesday June 26 saw the girls reunited in the same location where they filmed they video for Wannabe in 1996 and once again they looked stylish. The Spice Girls have certainly grown up and maybe it’s just my childhood self-talking but their Spice names seem to work still:
Victoria Beckham looking sleek and very ‘Posh’, Emma Bunton wearing the shortest dress taking the cute ‘Baby spice’ title, a trendy bob for ‘ginger spice’ Geri Halliwell, although I don’t think ‘scary spice’ or ‘sporty spice’ worked quite as well as their dresses were fairly feminine.
What’s quite obvious though, they’ve got the world talking once again and they looked great… Like girl power could conquer the world… or Piccadilly Theatre in December.

Image courtesy of The mirror.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment