Tuesday 19 February 2013

London Fashion Week

London Fashion Week- possibly one of the most exciting times for me. The spectacle. The extravagance. The inspiration.

I was lucky enough to get the chance to pop to Somerset House on the first day of Fashion Week this year; Friday February 15 although I hope to get the chance to go back tomorrow but that just depends on university. I didn’t get to see any shows; as I didn’t have a lot of time, a big bag with me and I wanted to get images of street style. I’ll post a few of m favourites:
 
 

This has to be one of my favourites outfits at Fashion Week; as she truly made the outfit unique to her personal style mixing different conventions and making goth and DM’s pretty.
 
 

 
Matching her outfit completely with the pastel shades of pink, lilac and blue in her hair, gives the look even more sweetness with her curls and decorative bows.
 
 

 
Against the conventional style of trouser, but with elements of that and a skirt with contrasting patterns and fabrics this outfit shows don’t be afraid to experiment with form a patterns.
 
 

I love the bright colour popping of the pink with this look a contrast to the black tights, jacket and boots and the gorgeous Topshop sequined shorts.
 

 
From the two shades of peach, crop tee with a skirt and jacket suit, the look resembled smart but chic- especially relaxing it with the beanie hat but keeping her strong make-up (pixie eyes).
 


The over-sized cape and trainers shouldn’t go together; but weirdly this lady doesn’t look like she’s a commuter power-walking to the office.
 
 


This is more of a mainstream, more wearable look than some of the others- but I like the mix of the directions of the stripe- in a way a safer way to do pattern mixing and the monochrome look with the neon hat.
 
Images all taken by myself but wih thanks to all those that posed in the pictures at Somerset House- you all looked amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment