Wednesday 27 February 2013

Unnatural colour hair dyes

I may not be adverse to a unnatural colour dye… I did have pink in my hair last summer and live with another student who has blue hair. What to do now?

When I chose pink, no one had really done it or seen it much before (trust me I got some strange looks) and no one really did it the way I did- the underneath of mine was dyed. However since Melody my housemate has dyed her hair blue and it looks so lovely and different- don’t get me wrong, I love the usual hairstyles and classic shades of blondes and brunettes, but I do like it when someone opts for the different option.

 
Above: My lovely housemate Melody having just had her hair dyed blue by Bleach London- so now my Mum can blame her for inspiring me once again, to get back into hairdressers chair to be dyed again.

Inspired by her, I have been investigating different options- considering dip dying with two colours… My worry is that the top colour will in fact bleed into the bottom colour when washed and that if I am doing someone a bit different has dip-dying become very main-stream.

I like the idea of complete streaks of colour throughout the hair- this would allow me to keep me style of hair- long, middle parting and would look amazing curly after the rollers have been in or plaited for the effortless look. I may have ordered some crazy colour dyes in peacock blue, pinkissimo (bright pink), candy pink and hot purple; so I’ll keep you updated with how it goes. What do you think of these pictures, that I've used for inspiration or have any other ideas?
 
 
 
 
  

 

 

 
 

Images courtesy of blogs, tumblrs and vogue and Bleach London (Melody's picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment