Monday 9 January 2012

Essex nights out

When many people find out I’m from Essex (well most work it out as soon as I start talking) but one of the first questions they ask is about the nights out. Have I been to the Sugarhut? Is an Essex night out so amazing?

Well the answer to both of these questions: YES! I do love a good Essex night out.

I love the town of Chelmsford- a small town near me on a student night Wednesday). This is because there are quite a lot of places you can go there. There are clubs there and bars verging on the club boundaries, like my favourite Missoula.

Essex is good because there are so many places you can go and so many places near and easy to get too; although with my prejudice Brentwood of course has to be the best.

Brentwood has changed since the reality TV show ‘The Only Way Is Essex’; many people come to experience a bit of ‘Essex’. The Slug and Lettuce in Brentwood is popular for cocktails on a Saturday night; particularly for pre-drinks before the Sugarhut which is opposite. Other bars in Brentwood are good for a more relaxed, chatty night.

I must admit I love an Essex night out and often miss it when at university. You can definitely tell the Essex boys (or even more the Brentwood lads with their chino’s, polo, shirt or denim shirt and even the sweeping haircut named the Brentwood barnet).  

No comments:

Post a Comment