Tuesday 3 January 2012

Wardrobe raiding!

The joys of being home from uni….. home-cooked meals, washing done and of course being able to raid my Mum’s wardrobe!!

On my latest raid I managed to find this little beauty…..

 

It’s just a simple skirt that I love with a button detailing to the front (however this does not actually undo). The skirt print of little flowers is in a classic colour scheme making this little number one you could never go wrong with. Ideal for little casual days in summer to be worn with flip flops and a plain vest or dressed up with killer heels and perhaps even a plain black blazer.

2011 saw denim jackets really on trend but I could never find one in any shops that I loved as much as my Mum’s old one. Its baggy style goes well teamed with fitted dresses or girly outfits to add a twist to the look. The stone-washed colour is a perfect match to go with everything.

 

My mum had a little love for black velvet it seems, maybe that’s where I get it from. I found this little Dorothy Perkins beauty hiding in the back of her wardrobe. It has a black lace top with a velvet body-con style layer over the top. As worn in the picture below I would contrast the black with my red heels.

 

Fashion goes round in circles. My mum has such a cute little tie up top.

 

From Miss Selfridge, the dress buttons up and has a pocket detailing on it. Again the black and white check pattern doesn’t fail to go out of fashion as it is so classic. I really like it and goes well with a cute little pair of denim shorts or even this season’s must-have of coloured jeans.

I also found these shorts. My mum had them made especially for her for her 18th birthday. The green hot-pants are amazing; although so tiny!!!! I didn’t want to try and squeeze into them because they are so special to her. The shorts have a pinking shear edge to them instead of hemmed which I think makes them even more cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment