Saturday 3 March 2012

10th Feb... Don't judge a book by its cover

So I may be a proud Essex girl but I am proud that I don’t believe I particularly fit the associated stereotype. Don’t just judge a book by its cover. In fact on a recent night out where I was only the born and bred Essex lady I was told I didn’t even sound very Essex.

So on the 10th February my good friend from university came for a taste of Essex; originally from Warwick she came to see the famous taunt of TOWIE: the Sugarhut nightclub. Now, as I only thought I would be in Essex for two nights one of which I would spend as a night-in with Mum and the TV and the other at Olly Murs I didn’t bring many clothes or shoes back with me, As it turns out the shock snowfall meant I actually stayed in Essex for a whole week and two weekends. This however did give me the perfect excuse in my desperate time of need to treat myself to so much needed items: a pair of jeans, top, jumper’s tights and of course what a girl needs most a good pair of heels. Well I am short and couldn’t go to the Sugarhut in flat, little pumps now could I?

I loved the heels because they were a little different; with a suede black heel and platform but contrasting cream and grey patent areas. The cream stood out on the shoe and matched well with my cream Topshop , Chiffon blouse. I wore this with a leotard underneath as it’s so see-through and sometimes that little motto less is more is not always best and my Aztec print I have previously blogged about.

My friend Toni; who actually moved from London a number of years ago but has since lived in Essex wore a simple black dress of a fitted bodice style and full, pleated skirt. The current trend of tights is the mock suspenders and Toni wore her version with bows on them with a pair of killer leopard print shoes; giving a pop of print to her look.

Taking a girly sexiness to a new level Sophy mixed leather leggings from Topshop, grey chiffon, long-sleeved blouse and mega-high platform red courts. She looked amazing and also just shows you don’t just have to stick to dresses. In many ways that just highlights the change to society that women’s fashion has much more freedom.

 


Above:  Left to right- me in river Island and Topshop, Toni in Topshop with Dorthy Perkins tights and Sophy in Topshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment