Thursday 22 March 2012

Crufts 2012... Fashion + Glamour + Dogs = ???

If you thought glamour, fashion and clothes was just for the humans of the world think again. That’s right diamonds maybe a girl’s best friend but from the looks from Crufts 2012 man’s best friend: dogs like them too.

The glitzy numbers for dogs namely being collars are even embellished with real Swarovski crystals at a price I’d be pretty happy with for a ring! The reduced show price is over hundreds of pounds and yet many flogged to the stool for the pooches.

What does that say? Dogs like a bit of sparkle too or that the owners for sure have too much time on their hands?

Also as you navigate your way around the maze that is Crufts (I have been going since a little girl and have now successfully managed to learn my way around but knowing my luck the whole floor plan will now be changed), there are a number of stools for clothing. If you could call it that! The horrendous clothes I would not use as a rag to wash my car with.  In a way it offends me I love fashion, am studying it and aim to be in the industry but I also love dogs, have worked with them my whole life and aim to breed Championships for the show and Obedience rings in the future yet because I am in the ‘dog world’ it doesn’t mean I can’t dress.

I have to say amongst the stools selling everything imaginable to do with dogs there are some real-leather handbag stools. At show prices there are some amazing deals to be found.

I suppose I like the NEC Exhibition Centre so much because my two favourite shows are held there: Crufts in March and The Clothes Show Live in December. Once again, showing how hobbies mix in unexpected ways to oppose the stereotypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment