Monday 26 March 2012

Pink hair…. Soft candy floss locks to bright candy colours

So fashion should be original and creative as I was stating in my previous blog. This was one of the reasons I chose to dye my hair. Some probably would think it was a moment of craziness when I bleached the underneath f my hair to allow for the pink colour to take better to it. But I assure you it was totally planned, I’m the type of girl to think things over perhaps sometimes a little too much.

I liked the trend; I wanted something different with my hair and wanted to make my own twist to the trend. Initially the first time I dyed it, it was a candyfloss pastel pink. So yes, completely different to the usual reds, blondes or brunettes people normally choose and for someone who has never dyed their hair before not even high-lights it was a huge step. But I did it my way! I just dyed the underneath section, so I could maximise the pink if I wanted or style t to hide it and  it wasn’t the obvious expected way of dying with a unique colour.


And the image above doesn’t even do the brightness justice.

The pink was so soft in a matter days the pink faded to leave me with hair tinged in ginger. After trying the hair dye again and much to my disgust getting the same results I chose Crazy Colour. Now this was bright- I was giving Barbie a race for her money! But I like it, it’s me doing something different in my own way I just hope it lasts longer but so far so good.


Above: The contrast of the two colours- the pink Crazy Colour Pinkissimo hair dye.
I love the colour and t be honest I expect looks, it is unusual which is why I did it. But grown adults staring should really know better and to get over it, I never said it was natural…

No comments:

Post a Comment