Thursday 8 March 2012

Goodbye winter blues

Finally I can almost taste the summer. The days are get lighter, the weather milder and let's face it people's moods are transformed with a little sun. It is definitely my favourite season. And it now being March I have firmly put away my trusty, thick, winter coat back into the depths of my wardrobe. I begrudge wearing boots so at the moment I will admit I'm mainly wearing dresses and skirts so I can little pumps but with thick tights my feet won't be cold! It may be a cheat or me just clearly not wanting to face the cold, stark reality of what British weather is but it makes me happy knowing I am a little closer to the summer I so desperately want.

In my summer attempts and by trying to find more dresses and skirts to wear (so I could do my trick of tights and pumps) I found a few pieces I had forgotten about. I love finding little lost treasures. In my latest rummage I managed to find a pair of culottes navy with white polka-dots on them; very sixties! I love these in the summer because you can have your legs out with a good tan look like you are wearing a skirt with the flexibility and movement of shorts- brilliant!! Anyway mixed with plain back tights and this time a black tee they were perfect for my spring crossover from winter. Usually in the summer I would tuck a tight, white vest and wear white converse or plimsoles with them a cool light, sportswear style look.


Another recent dress I have found fits perfectly with the new spring summer trend of floral. It is another navy number with cream floral detail on it. It’s a really cute day dress that is just so easy to wear and thinking about the trends more it will go brilliantly with a lace waistcoat of mine combining both 2012 trends of floral and luscious lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment