Thursday 8 March 2012

Style tips

If you have a skirt that has an elasticated waistband in black or something it can look very high-street and cheap. Brands like Asos and Boohoo frequently use these. If I'm honest they remind me of cheap, tacky pieces for young teenagers. Transform it very easily by simply rolling up the waist. An instant update that gives the skirt more appeal if you felt it needed it you could always add a belt that would clinch in your waist.

Another little customising tip for you is to add studs for a little punk, edge to your wardrobe. My style is quite girly but I do like things that are a little different and I don’t like to fit the crowd. The best way to make something a little different is to customise. With the summer in mind, add studs (you can buy these quite cheaply on the internet or at a local haberdashery) to a pair of denim shorts. Personally I would half rip the back pocket off the jeans in a diagonally direction and press. Underneath the pocket where the main jean is I would add the studs; looks good and adds a twist. Wear with a girly tee or lacey top to take girly to edgy.

No comments:

Post a Comment