Monday 26 March 2012

Uniqueness in Fashion

There’s a lot of people that strive to be original. I’ll admit I don’t like to be a sheep and whilst I won’t go out of my way to be crazy, wacky unique. I lie to be different from a crowd but ultimately wear what Iike. Yet there is a type that shouts ‘arts, fashion youth’. That look used to mark the uniqueness of a creative person.

But has it now gone to a point that it doesn’t even show creativity anymore?

To a certain extent yes I do believe people are always able to put their own stamp on fashion whether mainstream or more underground.

I definitely think some people believe the brothel creepers, denim cut-offs with the pockets hanging down, black tights and a printed tee makes them stand out. Whilst it was once a huge fashion statement I do think it’s much more mass-market now although some wear just simply because they like it.

Image courtesy of 3snaps.com

For me originality means more thought. I think we all have personal style and the ability to be unique, but putting our own twist on things we just need to think a little creative.

For example, the hair dye trend of pink- think Katy Perry eccentric pink or runway soft candyfloss pink, But I liked it and wanted to do something different with my hair. Yet I did it my way. I kept my long blonde locks but dyed the underneath section; it’s not too in your face as that isn’t my style buts it’s a little way of achieving the trend differently. And that’s what fashion I think should be about, thinking it through as the designers do.

No comments:

Post a Comment